This easy Tortellini Pasta Salad recipe is a delicious favorite made with a homemade Italian dressing and on the table in under 30 minutes.
This easy Tortellini Pasta Salad recipe is a summer staple! Perfect for picnics, potlucks, reunions, or to make ahead for easy meals, this is a recipe you’ll turn to time and again!
Pasta salads are such versatile dishes. This delicious Tortellini Pasta Salad has been one of my favorites since my first taste! It’s a recipe my sister has made for years and shared with me. It’s perfect anytime, especially in the summer when I love to serve it for simple meals and get togethers. You can make it ahead or whip together easily and can serve as a main dish or a side dish. Tortellini Pasta Salad is definitely a scrumptious recipe to enjoy often!
Tortellini Pasta Salad Recipe
A little different from other pasta salads, such as Macaroni Salad, this recipe is made with cheesy tortellini for an even more filling and salad! You can easily add shredded chicken if you want, but this makes a satisfying meatless meal for lunch or a light supper and is a delicious side dish too.
How to Make Tortellini Pasta Salad
To make, you’ll need:
- Cheese tortellini – refrigerated
- Cherry tomatoes
- Black olives
- Feta cheese
- Homemade Italian Dressing (or store bought)
- Fresh oregano for garnish – if desired
Here’s how I make this delicious recipe:
Step by Step Instructions
- Cook the tortellini. Start by cooking the cheese tortellini pasta according to package directions, making sure to not overcook.
- Prep the other ingredients. While the pasta is cooking, prep the rest of the ingredients to toss into the salad and set aside.
- Drain and rinse. When the tortellini is done, drain well, rinse with cold water and transfer to a large bowl.
- Add other ingredients. Next, add the sliced cherry tomatoes, chopped cucumber, black olives and feta cheese to the bowl with the drained tortellini.
- Pour on the dressing. Then give the Homemade Italian Dressing (or store bought if you desire) a quick shake, pour on top of the salad ingredients.
- Mix. Then, mix all of the ingredients until they are well combined.
- Serve. Garnish with fresh chopped oregano, if desired and serve. You can serve it immediately if you like or chill it for a bit before serving. If serving chilled, wait to garnish with the fresh oregano just prior to serving.
As, I mentioned, we use homemade Italian Dressing but of course you can use your favorite store-bought. But I hope you give the homemade dressing a try sometime. It takes about 5 minutes to make and takes this recipe to a whole new level!
A bowl of this is a favorite for lunch or as a side dish served for a cookout. It’s a favorite dish I make often!
Make Ahead Instructions
This salad makes a great make ahead dish! Prepare as directed in the instructions and then wrap well or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Serve cold.
More Favorite Pasta Salads
Here’s my sister’s Easy Tortellini Pasta Salad Recipe. I hope you love it as much as we do!
Easy Tortellini Pasta Salad Recipe
Tortellini Pasta Salad Recipe – This easy Tortellini Pasta Salad recipe is a delicious favorite made with a homemade Italian dressing and on the table in under 30 minutes.
- 2 pounds refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes halved
- 2 medium cucumbers peeled and chopped
- 2 (6-ounce) jars black olives
- 2 (8-ounce) packages feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup Homemade Italian Dressing or store-bought
- chopped fresh oregano for garnish if desired
Cook the tortellini pasta according to package instructions. Drain well and transfer to a large bowl. Add the tomatoes, cucumber, black olives, and feta cheese to the tortellini. Pour in the Italian dressing and stir until well-combined. Top with fresh oregano if desired. Serve immediately or cover with wrap and store in the refrigerator for up to five days.
Calories: 293kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 28mg | Sodium: 532mg | Potassium: 147mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 225IU | Vitamin C: 10.1mg | Calcium: 119mg | Iron: 2.3mg
From the Add a Pinch recipe archives. Originally published 2015.